Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Operation Baking GALS

Life has been so hectic with school starting and the holiday weekend that I found myself baking these delicious chocolate chip cookies for Operation Baking GALS at 9:00pm last night! They are fantastic too! I've always been one to use the standard Tollhouse cookie recipe on the back of the morsels package and they've always been a terrific and reliable cookie - basically indestructible and a favorite. But last week I found the "Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe" by Donna Diegel. I wanted to try it and I'm so glad that I did! The cookies are thinner and more delicate then the dense Tollhouse variety and to me that is what makes them sooo very amazing! They just melt in your mouth and have such a light delicateness...mmm, so very good! I highly recommend you give them a try. They are a new favorite of mine and I hope they become one of your new favorites too! Please go check out Donna Diegel's blog Spatulas, Corkscrews & Suitcases and go to Suite101 to try the recipe today! You'll be really glad that you did! :)

This is an original recipe from Donna Diegel of Spatulas, Corkscrews & Suitcases and Suite101.com.

"The Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies"

  • 2 cups + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoons baking soda
  • 8 ounces (1 cup = 2 sticks) butter, softened at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 12 ounce bag (2 cups) gourmet semi-sweet chocolate chips
Donna's recipe can be found in its entirety on Suite101.


No comments: